- All academic ranks, Instructor to Professor, with MD, PhD, and/or MD, PhD degree may apply
- Principle Investigators need not be U.S. citizens.
Rally funds research in the following areas:
- Under-studied cancer types
- Innovative approaches to childhood cancer research which could lead to advanced studies or clinical trials
- Studies that are likely to lead to a clinical trial, personalized, alternative, or integrated research proposals
- Quality of life and survivorship research proposals
The following will not be reviewed:
- Grants that have no direct relevance to pediatric cancer nor fall within the scope of the Collaborative Pediatric Cancer Research Awards Program.
- Proposals for funding of intrastructure programs
- Incomplete and/or late applications received after the deadline
- Fellowship Grants – Grants are for one or two years support. At the end of the award you may apply for additional funding the next grant cycle. Each funded grant will be awarded up to $50,000 per year.
- Young Investigator and Independent Investigator Research Grants – Grants are for one or two years support. At the end of the award you may apply for additional funding the next grant cycle. Each funded grant will be awarded up to $50,000 per year.
- Consortium Grants (three of more institutions collaborating on a grant-supported research project) – Grants are for one or two years support. At the end of the award you may apply for additional funding the next grant cycle. Each funded grant will be awarded up to $100,000 per year.
Please note that not all grants are awarded the full amount. Award amounts are determined by a competitive peer-review process and scores received.
In an effort to streamline the grant application process for researchers, reviewers, and other childhood cancer organizations, we founded a Collaborative Pediatric Cancer Research Awards Program through Proposal Central.
Letter of Intent Application
Opens September 8, 2016
at 9:00 a.m. EST
Due October 13, 2016
by 11:30 a.m. EST.
December 1, 2016
Due January 10, 2017
at 11:30 a.m. EST.
Notice of Award
Rally Foundation for Childhood Cancer Research, Arms Wide Open Childhood Cancer Foundation, and the Truth 365
by March 31, 2017
Bear Necessities Pediatric Cancer Foundation
by June 30, 2017
Start of Grant Term
All funded grants will start on
July 1, 2017
2017 RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP FULL APPLICATION GUIDELINES
2017 YOUNG INVESTIGATOR, INDEPENDENT INVESTIGATOR AND CONSORTIUM GRANT FULL APPLICATION GUIDELINES
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Q. How do I request a no cost extension?
A. No Cost Extensions must be requested and approved. Please email email@example.com your request which states the amount of funds remaining, a brief progress report, an explanation of why you would like an extension, and the length of the extension. If your institution needs approval before the end of your current grant period, please submit your request at least 2 weeks before the grant end date.
Q. What if I need to re-budget my grant?
A. Re-budget requests must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with an explanation of each change and a comparison between the original budget and the revised budget.
Q. What if I have funds remaining at the end of the grant date?
A. Any unused and remaining amounts must be returned to the Rally Foundation unless an approved No Cost Extension is on file