By Lane’s Flight
Rally Travel Fund Powered By Lane’s Flight
Lane’s Flight Travel Fund
Lane, a Mississippi resident who was also a pilot and employee of a local airport, was required to spend weeks at a time in Houston for treatment. While putting his career on hold, Lane and his mother had to temporarily relocate to Houston for his intense treatment plan. Thanks to the generosity of his friends, family, and even strangers, the family was able to offset costs for some of Lane’s needs, such as temporary housing, food, and travel expenses.
Unfortunately, on August 1, 2023, Lane lost his battle with cancer. Before his death, Lane asked his family to continue to help other families whose children and young adult children are diagnosed with cancer by providing them with a travel fund, specifically to help offset fees associated with travel for clinical trials.
Lane’s fight is over, but Lane’s Flight was born to honor his wish of helping others while remembering his legacy. Rally Foundation Travel Fund, powered by Lane’s Flight, exists to offset expenses such as room, board, and travel associated with cancer patients, from birth to twenty-five years old, who have been accepted into clinical trials which require travel.
- Support for one patient has an annual
(12-month calendar year) cap of $5000
- Funds will be used to cover travel costs associated with travel for a clinical trial. Such travel costs include: airfare, gas for driving, and lodging/apartment rent costs.
- The Rally Fund Travel Fund powered by Lane’s Flight is a grant with limited funds. Once these funds are exhausted, it is expected that it will be renewed the next grant cycle.
- Been accepted into a clinical trial.
- Not be over 25 years old at the time of application.
- Submit a completed application through a social worker or hospital representative.
- The hospital representative must apply on behalf of the family and complete all sections of the form. A PASSWORD IS REQUIRED TO SUBMIT THE APPLICATION. Please contact Marla Jendzurski at [email protected] with any questions.